google.com, pub-1966210621826395, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0

How to clean your guitar fretboard

My first attempt in cleaning my fretboard



Materials needed:

Steel wire wool grade 0
Microfibre cloth
Polishing cloth
New set of strings
Oil-based cleaner/conditioner polish
Fret guard or adhesive to protect the fretboard

This was my first attempt on cleaning and polishing my guitar fretboard. It was made possible because of the help of my friend DelPlaysGuitar. He recommended me what to use and gave me tips on how to do it. Also I've look on Google as well as on YouTube on how to go about it. I did get some ideas like the improvised fretguard made from old credit card or old ID.

Overall, the experience was exciting and scary because being new to it, I don't want to damage my guitar or commit errors that may affect my guitar cosmetically or functionality.

Here are some of the brands I used in this video:
1. Dunlop 02 deep conditioner
2. Clayton ProBuff quality guitar polishing cloth
3. Abelli Studio Pro wipe
4. Grade 0 steel wire wool
5. Fender 250 R


No comments:

Post a Comment