google.com, pub-1966210621826395, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0

A Quick Look at Mosky DTC 4-in-1 Effects Pedal

Mosky DTC 4-in-1 Effects Pedal




Another cheap pedal with very good functionality. Actually, if Im being honest, this is my ideal pedalboard. Just Delay, Overdrive and Distortion. I would be happy to play my guitar with just these three effects. However, this Mosky DTC got a bonus switch which is the Looper where you can add a chain of pedals and loop it around to add colour or flexibility to your pedalboard through Send/Return jack.

Right having said that, here's my opinion on this pedal. First, it came from China when I ordered it and there was a fear of either it will not be delivered or there will be dents and scratches because it will be shipped long distance. And the waiting was another issue, because the time frame that was given was about a month. But it did arrive, working order and in very good condition. On the photo, it looks bigger but when it arrive it was a bit smaller than I expected. So, if you got massive foot, I won't recommend this pedal because the buttons/switches were close to each other.

I had a quick try of the Delay effects and here's the demo/test run video:


Here's the Overdrive demo/test run and some nice settings to it.



Here's the tone test and demo of the Distortion.


And here's how the Loop Effects works and how to setup it up.


Hope this helps and thank you for taking some time watching and reading my blog. Please subscribe to my YouTube channel and follow my blog for more reviews, hacks and tutorials. Cheers!


11 comments:

  1. how is the OD and Dist sequenced ? from guitar to amp, does the od come before the dist or vice versa?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Joshua. From guitar the Dist comes first then Overdrive. And there's no way to interchange it. What is your thoughts on it, should it be Overdrive first before Dist?

      Delete
  2. i want to know if expression pedal will work to this multi effects pedal... i'm just bothered because if i put a volume pedal in there it might be a gain controller and i don't like that to happen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neil Valdez hello you can add a volume pedal and there are two ways to do it. First is putting the volume pedal right after the guitar and then to the Mosky DTC input. This will act as volume for your guitar just like the volume knob. The second is after your effects pedal or in this case output of Mosky DTC. This will act as volume to your effects pedal like the distortion/overdrive. But I don’t think it’s practical to put it in the loop. Because you will have to step on that button switch to activate your volume pedal. Instead of directly using your volume pedal. I hope this answers your question.

      Delete
  3. Thanks, man. These tips and techniques really helped me a lot. I read so many blogs but I didn't understand much, your blog really made my day. Bless you mate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. how to add modulation pedal?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can add it using the loop section. That way it's in between your overdrive or distortion and your delay. I think that's the best place for it. But, if you like to put it before the Mosky 4-in-1 or after, it's entirely up to you. I love to experiment, so if it's me I will try all other options and decide depending on how it sounds and if I like it. Hope this helps. Cheers!

      Delete
  6. Have you tried using the 4 cable method? Sending the od and distortion signal to the back of the amp and the delay in front?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't tried this one yet. This is interesting method. Hopefully one day soon, I can try it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi. Do you think this pedal will work well with either a Vox or dunlop wah pedal? Thanks man.

    ReplyDelete