google.com, pub-1966210621826395, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0

Quest for Like a stone by Audioslave Zoom G1xOn patch



We've been playing this song for a while now. It was about 5 years ago I think when I joined Crossedwind (a band from Norwich) and we played this song. I was using Digitech RP55 that time and I just improvised by connecting an expression pedal on the unit. I think I wrote a blog about my Digitech RP55. So, just have a look on that one.

Now back on this Zoom G1xOn quest for Tom Morello's patch setting on the song Like A Stone by Audioslave. I looked online actually on what effects he was using and then try and copy it using my Zoom G1xOn. It didn't work. I looked on YouTube and found Chris Benton, check him out guys he's got loads of patches using Zoom G1On. Having said that, I copied his settings but because he was using Zoom G1On, it doesn't have an expression pedal to act as a Whammy pedal. But still the intro, verse and chorus were all great patches so I copied it.

Now on the guitar solo part, that was the most difficult one. I continue to search for the patch setting via YouTube and even online community and for some reason when I go started again to really get Tom Morello's tone, I accidentally used my Slash tone patch and just added the Whammy which is PdlMnPit effects by Zoom and edit the parameters and play around with the effect chain. Plus I added delay which I already knew about it because on my previous settings where I covered this song Like A Stone, I have always used the delay for the guitar solo. And yes, jackpot, I found that tone.

Note: I did a video about Effects Pedal Chain on my YouTube and also a blog about Quest for Slash Tone. Please watch it because it might help you as well to learn and know more on how I customize or setup my Zoom G1xOn.

Here's my simplified version of Like A Stone, the first settings that I did. This might help as well for you to understand or use on other effects pedal that you might have.

Thank you and please support my YouTube channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment