google.com, pub-1966210621826395, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0

How to efficiently use your Zoom G1xOn plus Patch Settings




First is the tuner, I use it to mute my guitar when Im trying to setup on stage or during rehearsals or recording. It means that I avoid making noise, blasting sound on the amp whilst setting up. And obviously, tune my guitar discreetly. Also when waiting for our turn, backstage, I can double check and tune my guitar.

Second is the batteries. I can use the battery option and not worry if there's a power outlet near me on stage. Plus save me time on plugging my power adaptor. Another thing is giving me the chance to tune my guitar backstage without worrying of any power outlet. Plus I can jam anywhere, anytime. Like outdoor gigs. I can just plug my guitar to my Zoom G1xOn and use the headphone out plus batteries and enjoy.

Third, is the direct line stereo output. Saves me whenever the backline is playing up or during rehearsals when Im unable to bring my amp or during open mic when there's no extra amp to use. I can simply use the direct out and plug my effects pedal straight to the PA system.

Now, about my patches. My first patch (A0) is bypass mode or setting. It's very useful during live gigs especially if the organisers are the one providing backline for the band. Meaning the amps are already there. Using the bypass mode/setting, Im able to check the dry sound of the guitar and the amp and it's easy to tweak the EQ, gain and other effects like Reverb, etc.

Zoom G1xOn has only two footswitches which control up and down option for your saved patches. Even though there's only two switches, Im able to improvise and use it like three stompbox. So, my A1 is clean tone, A2 crunch, and A3 lead tone. This is my generic setup. Meaning I can jam with any band or musicians or play any song with this setup. I got clean sound with just reverb on and the option to turn my wah pedal on. Then my crunch or rhythm, is when I need a bit of overdrive which is subtle for any rock music. And lastly my lead tone which is much louder and produces a lovely tone and sustain.

PATCH SETTINGS:
A1 - Clean  

FD Combo (amp)
Gain: 24 Tube: 30 Level: 86
Treble: 48 Mid: 45 Bass: 44
Pres: 52 Cab: FD combo 2x12 Out: Line

Hall (Reverb)
Decay: 10 Tone: 5 Mix: 46
PreD: 49 Level: 130 Tail: Off

A2 - Crunch

Big Crunch (amp)
Gain: 82 Tube: 30 Level: 80
Treble: 51 Mid: 42 Bass: 59
Pres: 61 Cab: BigCrunch 1x12 Out: Line

ZNR (noise gate/reduction)
Thrsh: 5 DETCT: Gtr In Level: 100

Carbon Delay (delay)
Delay: 360 Regen: 33 Mix: 30
Mod: On Width: 31 Speed: 28
Tail: Off  Sync: Off

Hall (Reverb)
Decay: 10 Tone: 5 Mix: 31
PreD: 10 Level: 100 Tail: Off

A3 - Lead

Booster (boost/overdrive/tube screamer)
Gain: 83 Tone: 26 Level: 120

BGN Drive (amp)
Gain: 73 Tube: 15 Level: 100
Treble: 41 Mid: 54 Bass: 40
Pres: 62 Cab: D2 Drive 4x12 Out: Line

ParaEq (equaliser)
Freq1: 200Hz Q1: 2 Gain1: 3
Freq2: 400Hz Q2: 4 Gain2: -8
Level: 100

Delay
Time: 560 F.B.: 37 Mix: 40
HiDMP: 5 P-P: Mono Level: 100
Tail: Off  

Hope you find this helpful and you enjoyed my blog. Please subscribe for more hacks and tricks that I will be sharing on this blog. Cheers!


5 comments:

  1. Hi this is Aspi n I find this set up very effective .I m trying to get Sha dows tone but I m struggling on this tone. Perhaps you can help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sir can i use this sa gig pag tugtugin namin is opm? Baguhan lng po kc ako :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes sir, pwede sya very versatile tong pedal na to. If you got the chance, visit my YouTube channel. Marami akong tutorials and demos regarding this pedal saka may mga sample ako na patches dun for Callalilly, Kamikazee. At marami kang matututunan on how to edit the pedal. Here's the link: https://youtu.be/vTX44e7Cifk

      Delete
  3. Hi everyone, I have this pedal and for a while have struggled to make the most out of it. I recently got an amp and I would only like to use the G1 XOn for modulation effects, as I have some other pedals that for drive, etc... Well, my question is that every time I plug the unit into my amplifier, I feel like it colors the sound of the amplifier too much (and not in a good way). Is there any way to improve this?? Thank you in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is the downside of this pedal being digital. It sort of clash with an actual amp. Nowadays you got this FRFR amp where its like a portable PA system to plug your multieffects processor like Zoom G1xOn straight. Some calls it ampless setup.

    Now going back to your question, may be there's a way to sort it. On the edit option there's out (like output option) you can change it between line vs amp. Meaning if you're plugging the pedal to an amp, then choose amp and if you're plugging it to a PA system then choose Line. Hope this helps.

    Another way is to remove any amp sim/cab sim and just put one effects like flanger or chorus only. Also if you're amp got builtin effects like amp type, cab sim, or any digital effects including reverb, sometimes it also clashes with the pedal so turn those off as well from the amp.

    ReplyDelete