google.com, pub-1966210621826395, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0

Review Demo of Boss Dr Rhythm DR3

 


Bought this one second-hand on eBay. Lots of disappointed owners of this drum machine are complaining on YouTube about this product. Hence, they are selling it secondhand online. 

I bought it coz I really needed a drum machine where I can use it as battery powered and something small and portable. So this one fits that category. Although I might say, when I purchased it, I was a bit confused as well because I've been browsing a lot of drum machines from different brands and on eBay and also watching demos and reviews on YouTube. Until I just compulsively purchased this one because its not for bidding so no need to wait and all that.

Now when it arrived, I was looking for an adaptor but actually this one didnt come with an adaptor, however, it's battery powered so its not a problem and its a plus point for me so I can use this one anywhere. The second thing was how to edit or even just copy the drum patterns. I had to look both on the manual and on YouTube on how to do it. 

Right, out of the box, it's pretty straight forward. I just put the 6 AA batteries and turn the power switch on. It doesnt have a built-in speaker so I was looking for headphones out but probably it's my eyesight, so I missed it. Took a guitar cable and plugged it to the mono out of the unit and plugged it into my portable speaker. At first it didnt work. I thought my cable was broken. And then the volume know of the unit that's next to the power switch, I had to turn it clockwise and counter-clockwise. Because as I've said I think it's my eyesight. I couldnt see properly where is volume up vs volume down. 

Then, for some reason, I probably nudge the cable or the jack going to the mono out and it did work. So I don't if this is an old unit that has not been used for a while. After few minutes of fiddling with this product, or in fact, more than just minutes, I think it was later in the afternoon that I found out there's phones out. That's when I managed to enjoy the unit coz I can just experiment with it and not disturbing people in the house. After some time, I managed to have my drum beat for like 5-6 songs. 

Then later on after few days of using it, I managed to learn how to edit, rename, copy, create beat, etc. And Im still learning with this drum machine. I think it's a really good drum machine. Got lovely sound especially when I plugged it to my Bose S1 Pro and also Im ordering a dual foot switch for this one because I want to make use of the fill in and the shifting from pattern A to B, etc. So watch out for my update on this drum machine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment