google.com, pub-1966210621826395, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0

Quest for Brian May's sound

Trying to copy Brian May's sound even if you don't have his signature Red Special AC guitar and Vox amp. So even if you got an ordinary guitar and ordinary practise amp, you will still be able to copy the famous Queen sound. The only thing you need to have is a multi-effects pedal especially the Zoom G1on or G1xOn. It's affordable and got loads to offer.

Here are the videos I made using this Zoom G1xOn and the patch settings I created to emulate Brian May's sound.


In this video, I share here how I managed to re-create Brian May's sound by only using available resources like my guitar (Lyon by Washburn) and effects pedal (Zoom G1xOn). I fiddle with the effects and amp sim available. Also did a bit of experiment on using a coin versus a plectrum if it will affect the quality of the sound. And, it did.



This video that I did was more of a followup from the previous video. Because after I uploaded Bohemian Rhapsody, a lot of people was amazed of the tone of my guitar and effects pedal so I got requests from my subscribers to do a We will rock you tone patch. I struggle learning both leads on these songs but managed to get close to Brian May's tone.

No comments:

Post a Comment