google.com, pub-1966210621826395, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0

Review on Fender 250L and D'Addario Capo and locking strap


I have used Ernie Ball for quite a while because I got a good friend in the U.S. who always bring home guitar strings. I love the strings and most especially that it's given free by friend Louie, that's make it more special. Then when I came to England, I tried D'Addario strings and the first time I bought it was just by chance because my brother got an old classical guitar and needed changing of strings. When I went to a music shop, Will's Music in Romsey, the available nylon strings was D'Addario. That's when I fall in love with this strings and used it on my electric guitar. Also after a while, I discovered RotoSound and read lots of good reviews, so I tried it a couple of times and it's also very good strings. But all of the brands I mentioned are a bit expensive. So I tried to look for a decent cheap brand of guitar strings, there's Epiphone and to be honest it's not bad. The only downside was it doesn't last that long. I mean in terms of shimmer and/or colour of the strings. So I tried Fender strings, and that was it. It's cheap, last long, stays in tune, it's my comfort zone string. From my budget to my fingers and as I've said stays longer. I don't have to change strings everytime.

About the capo, I am not really a fan of capo. I can easily transpose a song. The only time I will be needing a capo is if the song really requires me to have it or use it. I've had few capos, cheap ones obviously, hehehe. but I always give it to someone else because as Ive said I dont feel I need it. Then, I saw this one online. D'Addario capo. It's lovely. From the design and how it works. It's perfect for me. I've used it on my YouTube videos especially on Wonderwall and Losing My Religion.

Now with the strap. When I bought my Lyon by Washburn guitar, it came with a practise amp, gigbag, lead and a strap. It was just a regular one, colour black, no design whatsoever. But I've lost it when I left my guitar from a friend, lost the whammy bar too and the Allen screw. Anyways so much for that, so I bought another strap, a Fender leather strap but I think it was fake. Not only because of the cheap price but the quality. The leather was like a hard leather, you can't easily bend the strap. And it didn't last long. It starts to wear off and the hole had a split and gets larger and larger everytime that I was scared I will drop my guitar because it was too loose.  Bought another one, colour yellow, just a regular, no-name strap. It works fine and Im using it still. But my good friend Alex, our lead vocals in our band Subtle Culprits.... introduced me to Planet Waves locking strap. It's cheap but well made and works perfectly in securing your guitar. So I look online and bought one for myself. And the one delivered to me was D'Addario locking strap. I just realise that D'Addario acquired Planet Waves. So technically it's the same brand. Anyways, my D'Addario locking strap, apart from cheap, is really very nice strap. Works great, easy to use, love the colour that I chose which is Maroon and gives me comfort that my guitar is safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment