google.com, pub-1966210621826395, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0

New Discovery - Bass Cab Used As Guitar Cab


 This was pure accident, I used a bass cab during our rehearsal and it sounded amazing. 

Here's my gear that evening:

1. Modded Lyon by Washburn HS guitar. I changed it from 5-way switch to 3-way switch. It's because of the Tele pre-wired harness that I bought online. So it's already got the pots as well as the jack input. It's easy for me to just solder the pickups. So instead of HSS configuration, I disconnected the middle pickup and Im left with just the neck and bridge. 

2. Lekato WS50, guitar wireless system. Been using it for many years and it still works ok.

3. Zoom G1Four, I got customised patches that suits my genre but also suits my rig.

4. Vox MV50AC. 

5. Then this Peavey BW Equipped 15 inch cab. Wasn't sure first if it's a PA or guitar cab but later on found out that it's really a bass cab.

My guitar sounded big on this cab. Also because of my patches, the bass cab can sing. And at one point, it sounded like Marshall even though it's powered by Vox MV50AC but it's got to do with the patch that I created on my Zoom G1Four. 

So yeah happy days. Later on, I found out, while using AI that Stevie Ray Vaughn was using 15 inch bass cab that's where he gets his massive tone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment